Treatments for invasive weeds such as Japanese Knotweed.
From small commercial gardens to larger commercial grounds, schools and business estates, we can provide efficient and effective Japanese Knotweed control services at an affordable cost.
Japanese Knotweed (Fallopia Japonica) is classed as an invasive weed in the UK. It grows at a very fast rate and can cause extreme damage to property and its surrounding area. It can even grow through concrete and tarmac and its roots can go down up to 3m deep! Knotweed spreads easily through an underground network of stems and roots and requires professional treatment to be eradicated.
Japanese knotweed starts growing from early spring and can reach 1.5m by May and 3m by June, before dying back between September and November.
Signs of Japanese Knotweed:
- fleshy red tinged shoots when it first emerges
- large, heart or spade-shaped green leaves
- leaves arranged in a zig-zag pattern along the stem
- a hollow stem, like bamboo
- dense clumps that can be several metres deep
- clusters of cream flowers towards the end of July that attract bees
- dies back between September and November, leaving brown stems
FS Grounds Maintenance offers an affordable Japanese Knotweed treatment service and advice. It can take a number of years to effectively treat the problem plant, therefore we can help you control the growth and treat the weed with professional products saving you thousands of pounds.
All treatments are site specific and applied by NPTC Pesticides Licensed and Trained Operators.
Call 0800 121 4644 or contact us online to arrange your FREE quotation for Knotweed control services.Book Your Survey Today!